Sunday, April 28, 2013

Who are the real news worthy people of Boston?


In the wake of last weeks Boston Marathon bombings, many took to social media to comment on the tragedy. One of the sentiments repeated again and again came from Mister Rogers.
When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” To this day, especially in times of “disaster,” I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.
 

Who is Ryan?

He's a Boston Police officer whom I had the pleasure of meeting a few times and I saw him again on Monday morning of the race at the start. We spoke for a few minutes catching up on his career and family. So who is this guy?
He just finished going to law school at night, passed the bar and is applying that to his new role in the department. He has 3 children and a wife. And if that's not enough he woke up at dawn to help take us out to Hoppington to set up our race tents and then traveled back to the city to bring our gear bags back. He then waited  near the finish line all day to take us back to south Boston where our gear bags were. When the explosions happened he ran to the explosions to help out where he could and remained there the rest of the evening with my other friend Cecil. I don't know many people in this world who race into danger like that but to me these guys are hero's in my book. They and many other "helpers" helped protect and save a lot of people that day and their other efforts in finding the killers was never really told. I hope they make a movie about this day sometime because these guys should be in the script.
I thought you all should know who this person is and the many others on the Boston PD that day. Why? I think this is the type of person we should be seeing on the newscasts instead of the two animals who are responsible for the horror on April 15.   

RYAN IS IN THE BLACK CAP. He also lost his hearing in both ears
 

No comments:

Post a Comment